We are seeking for qualified individual for the position of Phlebotomist.
- Greets patients and instructs them in proper specimen collection methods.
- Draws blood specimens from patients by using finger stick, heel stick and/or venipuncture.
- Collects throat culture and any other specimen as required.
- Assembles equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, and disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
- Prepares specimens for reference laboratory by using centrifuge to spin blood.
- Keep proper medical records of the patients.
- Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube or bag.
- Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.May prick finger to draw blood.
- Keep the record of inventory and equipment issued to him/her and maintain necessary inventory of the usable.
- Dispose-off the disposable items properly as specified in policies and procedures.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Adheres to documented procedures in sample collection manual.
- Be responsible for collection and transport of outsourced samples to referral laboratory and obtaining reports from the referral laboratory
About Genetic DNA Lab
UAE's No1 Genetic DNA Lab